Today the talks, between Efling and the other unions, with SA – The Confederation of Icelandic Enterprise have been broken off at the state mediators office. The union has recieved clearance to begin strike action.Workers of Iceland have long had to endure a trend of low wages and uncontrollable inequality. Workers have created wealth and prosperity for their bosses with their work, but despite this employers have refused to accept the fair demands of Efling and the other co-operating unions. A strike is a tried and tested, and legally protected, method for unions to even the scales of the negotiation process for its members.It is important that all union members are fully informed of the following points regarding strikes:
- All strike action needs to be voted on by the members that the strike pertains to. The union will send all relevant information to members about the election with as much advanced notice as possible.
- Union members are encouraged to send the union their up to date email address and phone number to make it easier for us to get in touch with you. You can do this by emailing email@example.com please include your Icelandic ID number, email and phone. Efling will treat this date with confidence as stated in data protection laws.
- Union members are encouraged to get in touch with the Efling union representative at their workplace, should there be one on place.
- Answers to the most common questions can be found on is
- We encourage all union members to keep a close eye on the updates on our negotiations website, as well as on Efling´s homepage and facebook page. The latest information on strikes will appear first on the negotiations website.