The strike exemptions committee of Efling has started its work. It will process exemption requests for the strikes Efling has called. The requests have to be accompanied with clear reasoning, referencing dire need, humanitarian considerations or the status of espcially vulnerable groups.Driving services for people with disabilities will be automatically exempted from any strike action. Drivers in that sector are therefore allowed to carry on with their jobs through the strike.Exemption requests should be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and contain the following information:
- Name of company, kennitala, and address.
- Number of company employees.
- Number of employees who should be exempted.
- Name, kennitala and job description of the employees that should be exempted.
- Reason for exemption.
- Period of exemption.
- Name, phone number and email address of contact person between company and committee.