[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ custom_padding=”0|0px|54px|0px|false|false”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” custom_padding=”0|0px|27px|0px|false|false”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.14″]
A vote on the calling of a strike among members of Efling who work for Reykjavík city starts at noon on Tuesday, January 21, and concludes at noon on Sunday, January 26. Balloting will take place online.
For those who can’t vote online are invited to cast their ballot at the union’s office and in a mobile polling station which will be driven between workplaces.
An exceptions committee will process requests for minimum staffing at workplaces such as nursing homes.
The negotiation committee of Efling vis-a-vis Reykjavík city agreed at a meeting January 10 that a vote is to be held on the calling of a strike among members of Efling that work according to the collective agreement between the Reykjavík city and Efling.
The strike applies to all the members of Efling who are employed by the city according to the collective agreement of the Reykjavík city and Efling – union which expired on March 31st of 2019.
More information on how the vote will take place will be published as soon as possible.
[box] The work stoppage will consist of union members going on strike for a definite amount of time during certain days and indefinitely after a certain date.
– Tuesday, February 4th, 2020: Work stops from 12:30 noon until 11:59pm.
– Thursday, February 6th, 2020: Work stops from 12:01 midnight until 11:59pm.
– Tuesday, February 11th 2020: Work stops from 12:30 noon until 11:59pm.
– Wednesday, February 12th 2020: Work stops from 12:01midnight until 11:59pm.
– Thursday, February 13th 2020: Work stops from 12:01 midnight until 11:59pm.
– Monday, February 17th 2020: Work stops at 12:01 midnight for an indefinite amount of time. [/box]