The negotiating committee of Efling sent a proposal to the mayor this morning for a postponement of strike action for two days if the offer which he described on Kastljós on February 19th would be confirmed. The letter was sent at 11am and it called for a postponement of the strike from midnight tonight and for forty-eight hours thereafter. The state mediator was given a copy of the letter and confirmed its reception. The deadline for a response was until 4pm today. A response did not arrive before four o’clock and therefore the strike will continue.