Efling Trade Union completed a wage agreement with NPA Miðstöðin regarding the work of assistants specilaizing in user directed personal assistance. A vote on this agreement will be held in January for Efling members who are employed by NPA Miðstöðin.
The main points of the new agreement include:
Effective 1 January 2022
- A wage increase of 25,000ISK
- Increased differential pay for those who perform managment tasks
Effective 1 May 2022
- Workweek shortened by 4 hours to a total of 36 hours
- The night shift work proportion will be 65% on weekdays and 75% on weekends
- Travel arrangments clarified
- A draft shift plan must be submitted 4 weeks in advance
This agreement will be presented to Efling members employed by NPA Miðstöðin in January.
A special wage agreement was also made for 24 hour shifts applicable for workers at the NPA Center. This agreement clarifies the rules regarding 24 hour shifts and helps assistants ensure 8 consecutive hours of rest with a maximum of 15 minutes break in the rest period.
These agreements will be valid from 1 Jan 2022 until 1 November 2022.