- The vacation year is from 1 May to 30 April.
- The minimum amount of vacation leave is 30 days or 240 hours.
- Everybody has the right to minimum leave, if they have not accrued enough paid leave employees may take unpaid leave. Vacation pay is 13,04%.
- Illness and parental leave up to 6 months are included within this earning period.
- The time period for summer vacation is 15 May to 30 September. The employee is entitled to all of their vacation during this summer vacation time period if possible.
Employees who, per the written request of their employers, do not receive their full leave during the summer holiday period, shall recieve a 25% extension of the part of their vacation leave which will be taken outside of the summer vacation time period outlined above.
Illness During Vacation
- If an employee becomes ill during their vacation, the time in which the employee is ill is not considered vacation time, provided that the employee can provide medical documentation that they are not able to take their vacation leave.
- The employee must notify their supervisor immediately by telephone or telegram in the event of illness or accident during their vacation leave.