- The vacation year is from 1 May to 30 April.
- The minimum amount of vacation leave is 30 days or 240 hours (based on a 40-hour working week and proportionally if the working week has been shortened).
- Everybody has the right to minimum leave, if they have not accrued enough paid leave employees may take unpaid leave. Vacation pay is 13,04%.
- Illness and parental leave of up to 6 months are included within the earning period.
- The summer vacation time period is 15 May to 30 September and the employee is entitled to at least 160 hours of vacation during this summer vacation time period.
- If all or part of the vacation time is taken outside of the summer vacation time period, per the written request of the employee‘s supervisor, that part of the vacation will be extended by 25%.
Illness During Vacation
- If an employee becomes ill during their vacation, the time when the employee is ill is not considered vacation time, provided the employee can provide medical documentation stating they are unable to take leave.
- The employee must notify their supervisor immediately by telephone or telegram in the event of illness or accident during their vacation.