Wage terms and rights
Sanitation Group Leader
Minimum wages Launaflokkur 242
|Grunnlaun||1,5% alag||3% alag||4,5% alag||6% alag||7,5% alag||9% alag|
|Manadarlaun||464.385 kr||471.351 kr||478.317 kr||485.282 kr||492.248 kr||499.214 kr||506.180 kr|
|Dagvinna||2.855,97 kr||2.898,81 kr||2.941,65 kr||2.984,48 kr||3.027,33 kr||3.070,17 kr||3.113,01 kr|
|Yfirvinna 1||4.358,25 kr||4.423,63 kr||4.489,01 kr||4.554,37 kr||4.619,75 kr||4.685,12 kr||4.750,50 kr|
|Yfirvinna 2||4.822,64 kr||4.894,98 kr||4.967,32 kr||5.039,65 kr||5.112,00 kr||5.184,34 kr||5.256,68 kr|
|Storhatidarkaup||6.385,29 kr||6.481,08 kr||6.576,86 kr||6.672,63 kr||6.768,41 kr||6.864,19 kr||6.959,98 kr|
|33% alag||978,21 kr||992,88 kr||1.007,55 kr||1.022,22 kr||1.036,90 kr||1.051,57 kr||1.066,25 kr|
|55% alag||1.614,20 kr||1.638,42 kr||1.662,63 kr||1.686,84 kr||1.711,06 kr||1.735,27 kr||1.759,48 kr|
|65% alag||1.907,69 kr||1.936,31 kr||1.964,92 kr||1.993,54 kr||2.022,16 kr||2.050,77 kr||2.079,39 kr|
|75% alag||2.201,18 kr||2.234,21 kr||2.267,22 kr||2.300,24 kr||2.333,26 kr||2.366,27 kr||2.399,30 kr|
|90% alag||2.641,42 kr||2.681,05 kr||2.720,66 kr||2.760,28 kr||2.799,91 kr||2.839,53 kr||2.879,15 kr|
|120% alag||3.521,89 kr||3.574,73 kr||3.627,55 kr||3.680,38 kr||3.733,21 kr||3.786,04 kr||3.838,87 kr|
Other terms and rights
Rights to Sick Leave
0–3 months of employement= 14 days Next 3 months of employment = 35 days After 6 …
- 0–3 months of employement= 14 days
- Next 3 months of employment = 35 days
- After 6 months of employment = 119 days
- After 1 year of employment = 133 days
- After 7 years of employment= 175 days
- After 12 years of employment= 273 days
- After 18 years of employment= 360 days
- Wages are not paid longer than the employment period is intended to last, except for accident wages.
- With accident pay, 13 weeks or 91 days of day wage is added, except in cases where 273 or 360 days are already accumulated.
The vacation year is from 1 May to 30 April The minimum vacation time is 30 …
- The vacation year is from 1 May to 30 April
- The minimum vacation time is 30 days or 240 hours (based on a 40-hour working week and proportionally if the working week has been shortened).
- Everybody has the right to minimum leave, if they have not accrued enough paid leave employees may take unpaid leave. Vacation pay is 13,04%.
- Illness and parental leave of up to 6 months are included in the earnin period.
- The summer vacation time period is 15 May to 30 September and the employee is entitled to at least 160 hours of vacation during this summer vacation time period.
Illness During Vacation
- If an employee becomes ill during their vacation, the time when the employee is ill is not considered vacation time, provided the employee can provide medical documentation stating they are unable to take leave.
- The employee must notify their supervisor immediately by telephone or telegram in the event of illness or accident during their vacation.
Termination Notice Period
Resignation time starts at the beginning of the next month. The trial period is 3 months. …
- Resignation time starts at the beginning of the next month.
- The trial period is 3 months. –The termination notice during the trial period is one month.
- At the end of the trial period, the termination notice period is three months.
- The termination notice period after 10 years of continuous employment:
–At 55 years of age – 4 months
–At 60 years of age – 5 months
–At 63 years of age – 6 months
- The employee is permitted, however, to terminate their employment with 3 months notice.
- Management is obliged to give the employee a reprimand before dismissal.
- Reasons for termination may be lateness, negligence, insubordination or disobedience to management, incompetance or poor work efficiency, drunkenness, behavior that is indecent, innapropriate and incompatable with the job
- A reprimnd is not required if the termination is due to a contraction, organizational changes or streamlining of the institution.
Shortening of the workweek in the public market
Collective agreements signed in the public sector in winter 2019-2020 contain a provision for changes to …
Collective agreements signed in the public sector in winter 2019-2020 contain a provision for changes to be made to the organization of the working hours and for shortening of the workweek up to 36 hours a week.
The shortening was implemented on 1 January 2021 for daytime workers and 1 May 2021 for shift workers.
The main goal of the changes is to support the reform in the operation of public institutions, improvement of the workplace culture and increase the opportunity of staff to integrate work and private life, without the need to lower the quality and efficiency of provided services.
Here you can see the main points regarding the shortening for daytime workers
Here you can see the main points regarding the shortening for shift workers
Pay increases during the agreement period
On 1 April 2019, wages will increase by ISK 17,000. On 1 April 2020, wages will …
On 1 April 2019, wages will increase by ISK 17,000.
On 1 April 2020, wages will increase by ISK 24,000 in parallel with the changed connection of job evaluation with the wage table.
On 1 January 2021, wages will increase by ISK. 24,000.
On 1 January 2022, wages will increase by ISK 25,000.
Staff that are employed the first week of November or have worked for 13 consecutive weeks during the year shall be paid a December bonus on 1 December each year. Full compensation is based on full time embloyment from 1 January to 31 October.
The December Bonus is a fixed amount and holidays are not calculated on top of it.
The December Bonus is paid according to the employment ratio and working hours.
The December Bonus is to be settled at the termination of employment.
The bonus is:
At the year 2019 100.100 kr.
At the year 2020 103.100 kr.
At the year 2021 106.100 kr.
At the year 2022 109.100 kr.
The Holiday Bonus is to be paid on 1 June each year. Employees that have worked foe 13 consecutive weeks or are employed until 30 April are entitled to a Holiday Bonus.
Workers who have worked full-time during the holiday year, 1 May – 30 April, are entitled to full compensation. Otherwise, the Holiday Bonus will be paid in accordance to the employment ratio and workning hours.
The Holiday Bonus is a fixed amount and holiday pay is not calcuated on top of it.
The Holiday Bonus should be settled at the termination of employment.
The bonus is:
At the year 2019 – 50.000 kr.
At the year 2020 – 51.000 kr.
At the year 2021 – 52.000 kr.
At the year 2022 – 53.000 kr.